Learn how to manage users and capabilities using a variety of essential WordPress functions. By using the techniques provided in this video, you have full control over when, where, and how users can interact with WordPress.
- [Instructor] Users play an important role in WordPress.…In this video, well look at how to manage users, roles,…and capabilities in any WordPress plugin.…With WordPress all user data is stored in the database…in the users' table.…Each WordPress user has a least a username, password,…and email address.…Let's look at some examples that show how…to add, update, and delete users.…The easiest way to add a new user…is to use the function, p_create_user.…This function enables us to add a new user…by specifying a few parameters.…
To see how it works, let's install…the create user plugin from the exercise files.…Before diving into the code,…let's activate this plugin and see how it works.…Visiting the Create User page, we have a form…that enables us to add a new user.…After filling out the form, we click add user.…And success, the user had been added,…and will receive their password via email.…
Here on the user screen, we can verify…that the new user has been created.…So that's the idea.…This plugin demo provides the basic code required…
- WordPress APIs
- Action and filter hooks
- Activating and deactivating plugins
- Plugin security
- Creating the directory and files
- Adding menus and the settings page
- Inserting custom functionality
- Testing and debugging WordPress plugins
- Creating widgets
- Managing users and roles
- Adding custom post types and taxonomies
- Working with custom fields and database queries
- Using APIs: Transients, HTTP, and REST
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress: Developing Secure Siteswith Jeff Starr2h 34m Intermediate
1. First Steps
2. Plugin Basics
3. Building a WordPress Plugin
4. Essential Plugin Techniques
5. Extending Plugin Functionality
6. Advanced Plugin Techniques
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.