Comments and pingbacks can be enabled and disabled on a post-by-post basis.
- [Instructor] As I mentioned earlier, comments are…an essential part of the modern web.…But they can also be a serious problem.…While most comment sections online are used to ask questions…and have friendly conversations, there are people and bots…on the web that take advantage of this feature…to either post inappropriate content or publish comment spam…for this reason, WordPress has advanced comment moderation…tools at your disposal.…We've already talked about some of these tools earlier…when we looked at settings and discussion and remember…we had features like white listing or black listing…comment sources and so on, now let's take a look…at comment moderation in action.…
For this example, I've installed some testing data…for WordPress so we have a long list of comments…to work with.…And I want to show you all the little lead features…that WordPress has that alerts you of new comments…that are coming in and lets you work with the comments.…Let's start at the WordPress toolbar, up here we now have…this comment bubble with the number three next to it…
- Adjusting settings
- Changing discussion and privacy settings
- Using the Customizer to adjust site identity and visuals
- Creating and customizing menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Extending WordPress with plugins
- Adding and managing users
- Managing comments and spam
- WordPress security and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
How WordPress works1m 47s
2. Configuration with the Customizer
3. Extending WordPress with Plugins
5. Security and Maintenance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.