Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Making a basic content inventory for the site, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- [Voiceover] Whenever I start a new project,…the first thing I do is build a spreadsheet…for the site inventory.…The site inventory is a list of every major item…that will go on the website.…What is it?…How is it organized in relation to the other content?…What does it contain?…Is there anything special…about this piece of content, etcetera, etcetera.…All this info goes into a spreadsheet…like the one you see here.…That way you can keep track of each item,…make sure it's organized properly,…and as content is created,…each item can be checked off…as either not started, in draft,…or ready to be published.…
What you're seeing here is the actual site…inventory spreadsheet for this course,…which Carrie Dils and I built,…and numerous content creators have contributed to.…All the content you see in this course moving forward…has been created based on this site inventory.…In addition to tracking content,…the site inventory will also help you create…an information architecture for your site…and identify content models.…This will come in handy when you start…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.