Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Making a basic content inventory for the site, part of WordPress DIY: Restaurant Website.
- Whenever I start a new project,…the first thing I do is build a spreadsheet…for the site inventory.…A site inventory is a list of every major item…that will go on the website.…What is it?…How is it organized in relation to the other content?…What does it contain?…Is there anything special about this piece of content?…Etcetera, etcetera.…All this information goes into a spreadsheet…like you see here.…That way you can keep track of each item,…make sure it's organized properly,…and as content is created, each item can be checked off…as either not started or in draft or ready to be published.…
What you're seeing here is the actual…site inventory spreadsheet for this course,…which Kerry Dyllis and I built,…and numerous content creators have contributed to.…In addition to tracking content,…the inventory will also help you create…an information architecture for your site…and identify content models.…This will come in handy when you start…a practical build of the site,…because you now have a list of exactly what you need…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Adding a food menu page
- Customizing fonts, colors, and navigation
- Adding a contact form and reservations widget with Jetpack
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form4m 25s
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.