Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Making a basic content inventory for the site, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- One of the most useful tools I have…at my disposal when building a new website…is a spreadsheet.…Yep, you heard me right, a spreadsheet.…For every major project, I create a spreadsheet…with a complete site inventory.…It's actually the site inventory that's useful,…the spreadsheet is just where it lives.…A site inventory is a list of every major item…that will go on the website.…What is it? How is it organized in relation…to the other content? What does it contain?…Is there anything special about this piece of content?…Etc., etc.…
All this info goes into a spreadsheet.…That way, you can keep track of each item,…make sure it's organized properly,…and as content is created,…each item can be checked off as "done",…"waiting", "draft", "not started", or something else.…What you see here, on the screen,…is a typical inventory for a site…like the one we're building.…You can see, I've listed out the core assets of the site,…which is the site title, and also the tagline,…which I want to change, depending on whether…people visit the site before the wedding,…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Pie-Register isn't available through the WordPress plugins directory. How can I use Pie-Register?
A: Visit http://pieregister.com/ and follow the download and installation instructions.
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.