- Now I'm gonna go through how to add an actual blog post…into WordPress if WordPress is your chosen platform.…When you first log into WordPress,…you'll come to the dashboard.…But the first thing we are going to do…is actually add a post.…To do that, go over to New and select Post.…That will bring you to the main post interface.…Now what I like to do is actually already have a post…created within a Word doc or a Google doc…that I can copy and paste directly in here.…You can use this editor to create a post,…but I find it a lot easier to have this done separately…outside of WordPress.…
Now we're gonna go to the Word doc.…Once you're in your Word doc,…you want to copy and paste the body of the post…into WordPress.…We're gonna go ahead and do that.…I'm gonna copy, right-click, press Copy.…Then I'm gonna go back to the WordPress instance.…Once I'm back in the WordPress instance,…I'm gonna now paste the blog directly…into the Wiziwig editor.…I'm gonna right-click, Paste.…This usually doesn't come out correct the first time,…
Are you a business that needs to start a blog from scratch? Dayna Rothman, senior marketer at Marketo, shows how to choose a blogging platform and design your first blog. Then she dives into creating content that will drive conversions—writing on your own or with inside and outside contributors. Finally, she explains how to promote your blog and measure the impact of your marketing efforts. Start now and learn how to connect with customers and market your business online with great blog content.
- Recognize three factors to consider when selecting a blogging platform.
- Recall the key function of the post title.
- List three characteristics of good visuals for a blog post.
- Determine the first place to promote a blog post.
- Identify the benefits of using influencer marketing strategies.
- Summarize three types of goals you might set for your blog.