Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Load modular style sheets, part of WordPress: Building Progressive Themes with WP Rig.
- [Narrator] The style sheets in WP Rig aren't just modular … in that they contain individual modules like comments … and sidebar, and widgets, … they're also modular in that they load … with the module they affect. … Meaning, if you have a page that has the sidebar, … then the sidebar.css file loads, … however, if you have a page that doesn't have a sidebar, … sidebar.css does not load … because it belongs to that module. … In addition, these style sheets are loaded … at the component level in the body element. … Let me show you what I mean by that. … If I go to this page, … this is just a page with some comments in it, … and I scroll down to the comment section, … and go Inspect Element, … you'll see over here in the HTML … that right after the comment starts, … we have this call here for the comment style sheet. … Now the call here sits in the middle of the body element. … It's not inside the head element … where you normally see link elements to style sheets. … It's inside the body. …
- Setting up a WordPress theme development environment
- Installing WP Rig
- Building, activating, and testing a new progressive theme
- Editing CSS
- Using web fonts
- Editing existing templates
- Adding advanced features
- Translating a theme
Skill Level Beginner
WP Rig: A primer2m 5s
1. Configure a Development Environment for WP Rig
2. Install and Configure WP Rig
4. PHP and WordPress Templates
6. Extending WP Rig: A Practical Example
7. Going Further with WP Rig
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.