Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Learn about WordPress with lynda.com, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- And there you have it!…Your WordPress DIY Wedding or Special Event site…is done and ready to take on the world.…Now it's your turn to add content, extend,…tweak, and customize your site to truly represent you,…your event, and what your guests can expect.…As I stated in the beginning,…this course is part of the WordPress DIY series.…And now that you've wrapped up…the Wedding and Special Event cores…focusing on WordPress, I encourage you to also check out…Carrie Dils's course on the same topic,…only this time using WordPress…and the Genesis framework.…
If you're looking to dive deeper…into how to use WordPress itself,…or want to learn about more advanced topics…like theme development,…we have a long list of courses for you…right here in the lynda.com library.…Whether you're a novice and this is the first time…you're touching WordPress,…or you're a seasoned developer…looking to expand your horizons,…we have courses to fit your needs.…And don't forget to dive deeper into the library…and discover our courses on other topics…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Pie-Register isn't available through the WordPress plugins directory. How can I use Pie-Register?
A: Visit http://pieregister.com/ and follow the download and installation instructions.
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.