Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Learn about WordPress with Lynda.com, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- And that is a wrap, you are now well on your way…to launching your own WordPress DIY community website.…Now it's your turn to add content, build your membership,…add events, and get the conversation started in the forums…to help your community reach it's full potential online.…If you want to see the final result of the project…I've been working on,…you can visit the live site at…http://community.wpdiy.net/wp.…As I stated in the beginning, this course is part of the…WordPress DIY series, and now that you're wrapped up…the community course focusing on WordPress,…I encourage you to also check out Carrie Dils course…on the same topic,…only this time using WordPress, and the Genesis framework.…
And while you're at it, I invite you to check out…all the other courses in the WordPress DIY series.…If you're looking to dive deeper into how to use WordPress…itself, or want to learn more about advanced topics like…theme development, we have a long list of courses for you…right here in the lynda.com library.…Whether you're a novice and this is the first time…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.