There are various layout blocks available including the Media & Text block, which creates a two-column layout with an image and some text, and the generic Column block used to create columns that can be populated with other blocks.
- [Morton] Contained within the idea of the block editor…is a larger idea of a future where WordPress…is a block manager and everything in WordPress…becomes a block, we see the very beginnings…of this move in the layout blocks.…This is an area where I expect we'll see a lot…of development both from WordPress core and from Plug-ins.…So what I'm about to show you here…only scratches the surface of what's possible…and gives you a firm handle on what layout blocks can do…so you're ready for when more…of these blocks become available.…Let's say I want to create a layout where I have…an image on the left-hand side,…and some controlled text on the right-hand side,…and I want to make that content span more of the width…of the available space than the regular content.…
That means I can't just add an image and then float it…to the left or right or line it left or right…'cause that simply won't work.…This is where these layout blocks come in.…In particular a new layout block called media and text.…Let me show you how that works,…
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and Running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block Deep Dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.