Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Keyword strategies, part of WordPress Plugins: SEO.
- [Instructor] Before we start optimizing,…we need to know what keywords we want to rank for.…Keyword research involves many tools.…And depending on how big the project is,…it could take weeks.…We have a four-hour course called SEO: Keyword…Strategy in Depth here in the library…if you really want to dig in.…What I want to briefly cover…is that there are two basic keyword strategies,…and you should pick one before we move forward.…The first is the fat head approach.…That's when you try to optimize your site…for one or a few terms that have…a large search volume.…
So for the store we're going to build,…we could try to go for the keyword cake store.…There's going to be a ton of traffic for that term.…And if we rank well, we could get thousands…of visits every month.…The great part about the fat head strategy,…is that you don't need a giant list of keywords…that you're always trying to optimize.…You have one keyword, and all of your copy…and pages are about that one keyword.…The downside is that it's hard to rank…for a popular term.…
- Considering keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Preventing confusion with tags and categories
- Installing and activating Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. SEO All in One Pack
3. Yoast SEO
4. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.