In this video, discover what you need to rank for certain words and phrases.
- [Instructor] Before we start optimizing, … we need to know what keywords we want … to rank for. … Keyword research involves many tools … and depending on how big the project is, … it could take weeks of work. … We have a four-hour course called SEO … Keyword Strategy here in the library … if you really want to dig in. … What I want to briefly cover is that there … are two basic keyword strategies … and you should pick one before we move forward. … The first is the fat head approach. … That's where you try to optimize your site … for one or a few terms that have … a large search volume. … So for the store we're going to build, … we could try to go for the keyword cake store. … There's going to be a ton of traffic … for that term. … And if we rank well for this term, … we could receive thousands of visits every month. … The great part about the fat head strategy … is you don't need a giant list of keywords … that you're always trying to optimize. … You have one keyword and all of your copy …
- Keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Installing Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress: Developing Secure Siteswith Jeff Starr2h 34m Intermediate
1. SEO Principles
2. All in One SEO Pack
3. WordPress SEO by Yoast
4. WordPress SEO by Yoast Settings
5. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.