Learn how to incorporate new changes into your WordPress site template for new sites and update existing sites.
- [Voiceover] As you teach your courses,…you'll invariably find changes…that you wanna make across all your sites.…How you implement those changes…will depend on what the changes are.…If they're changes to things that…we looked at in the last chapter,…such as adding a plug-in to all sites,…adding users, or installing a new theme,…then you can use the Network Admin…to make those changes to all of your sites all at one time.…However, if you wanna make content changes…to something that's in your template,…such as adding a new category like Policies,…you would need to add that new category…to your existing template,…so that any new sites that you create…will already have it included.…
For all of your existing sites,…you will need to go into each site,…one by one, and manually add that content change.…Remember, there are some site management functions…that are handled for all sites by Multisite.…But the contents of each site are…independently managed for each site.…At the end of each semester, I like to go through…all of my course sites and look for new trends…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.