- [Instructor] An important step in securing…your WordPress site is keeping things current…and up to date.…When new vulnerabilities are identified,…they're almost immediately targeted by attackers.…Running the most up to date version of WordPress…ensures that you have all the latest…bug fixes, security patches, and new features.…This video demonstrates how to stay current…with everything right from the comfort…of the WordPress admin area.…With WordPress, there are three main things…that should be kept current.…WordPress core files, Plugins, and Themes.…
The good news is that by default…WordPress will let you know when it's time…to update any of these three items.…When it's time to update WordPress itself,…you'll see the update nag as it's called…appearing at the top of every page…in the WordPress admin area, as seen here.…When you see this message, a new version…of WordPress is available and so it's time to upgrade.…To begin the process, click the…Please update now link to review your options.…Remember it's a good idea to make a backup…
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.