Learn how to integrate admin notices into your WordPress plugins. Using the techniques provided in this tutorial, you can display the default WordPress admin notices or create your own, using any markup that's desired.
- [Instructor] If you've used WordPress…for any length of time, you're familiar with admin notices.…For example, on just about any screen in the admin area,…admin notices are displayed near the top of the page.…So whenever you save your changes, or if there is an error,…warning or whatever, WordPress displays an admin notice…like this one here.…Admin notices are important because they help the user…understand what is happening behind the scenes,…when they click to update options,…make changes and so forth.…
You can see admin notices in action…with the plugin that we've created from Chapter Three…of this course.…So how do we do this?…That's what this video is all about.…In general, there are two scenarios for admin notices.…First, if the plugin has its settings page…located under the Settings menu, then WordPress…takes care of all the admin notices automatically.…Otherwise, if the plugin settings are located…in any other location, the admin notices…are not displayed automatically.…
To see an example, let's change the location…
- WordPress APIs
- Action and filter hooks
- Activating and deactivating plugins
- Plugin security
- Creating the directory and files
- Adding menus and the settings page
- Inserting custom functionality
- Testing and debugging WordPress plugins
- Creating widgets
- Managing users and roles
- Adding custom post types and taxonomies
- Working with custom fields and database queries
- Using APIs: Transients, HTTP, and REST
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress: Developing Secure Siteswith Jeff Starr2h 38m Intermediate
1. First Steps
2. Plugin Basics
3. Building a WordPress Plugin
4. Essential Plugin Techniques
5. Extending Plugin Functionality
6. Advanced Plugin Techniques
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.