Installing and activating themes on a Multisite network can only take place through the Network Admin Pages, learn how.
- [Voiceover] Installing themes onto your multisite…network can only take place from inside…of your network admin pages.…Themes cannot be installed directly into individual sites.…In fact, only themes that have been network enabled…from the network admin pages will even appear…as options for sites to use.…Installing a theme onto a multisite network…works nearly the same as in a normal WordPress install.…From the network admin site, select the Themes menu…and choose Installed Themes.…Here we can see all the themes…that are currently installed on our network.…
Let's add a new theme by clicking the Add New…button at the top.…Here we have the same theme chooser…as we've seen in the regular WordPress installs.…For class themes, I always like to narrow down my search…by using the Feature Filter here in the Menu bar…so I can focus my search on key functionality…that I know I'm going to need.…For all classroom themes, I always start…with Accessibility Ready and Responsive Layout.…Then I begin adding additional options…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.