Learn about the 3 types of plugins for a Multisite Network and how to install and network activate them.
- [Voiceover] Installing plugins…into your multisite network can only happen…through your network admin page.…Plugins can not be directly installed…into individual sites.…This is a really big departure from a typical WordPress site…that you may be used to.…But it does come with some really great benefits.…Installing plugins onto your multisite network…generally works exactly the same as it does…in a regular site.…From your network admin site,…go to the install plugins page…to see a list of all the plugins currently available…on your network.…
Then, click the add new button at the top.…Search for the plugin that you want to add.…I'll search for multisite.…This is a good starting point for finding plugins…that work well with multisite.…Not all do.…When you find a plugin that you think…has the functionality you need,…such as the MultiSite Clone Duplicator,…read through the description, FAQs,…other notes and reviews.…Look for plugins that are well rated by other users,…appear to be actively being developed,…and have large install bases.…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.