Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing jQuery Masonry, part of WordPress: Building Responsive Themes.
- View Offline
Now that you've seen what Masonry can do, let's install it into the Anaximander theme …so we can use it to create a cool, functional front page. …To download Masonry, go to the Masonry web site and right-click on the Download the script …jquery.masonry.min.js. …So I'll go click Save link as, and I'll navigate to my WordPress installation or where I have …my theme, and I'll go into my theme, go into the js folder, and simply save jquery.masonry.min.…
Now that I have jquery.masonry added to my theme folder, I want to enqueue it into the site. …So again, I'll go to functions.php and I'll scroll all the way to the bottom, make a few …new lines, and this is where I want to enqueue jquery.masonry. …If you go to the code_snippets file for this course, you'll find that full function for …enqueueing masonry. …So I'll simply copy it out and paste it in, and then I'll explain what happens.…
- What is responsive design?
- Installing the Anaximander example theme
- Deciding what screen sizes to target
- Designing menus
- Adding responsive images and video
- Using CSS media queries to apply different styles
- Handling sidebars on mobile displays
- Dealing with footer widgets
- Installing jQuery Masonry