Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing and activating JustWrite, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- The theme I've chosen to use for this course…is called JustWrite, and even though it technically…falls under the category Magazine Style theme,…it also works really well for a community site.…This is because JustWrite focuses heavily on content.…You have large, open fonts that are easy to read.…You have a lot of white space,…and you even have some custom widgets…that will be really useful as we start…building out our site.…JustWrite is available from the WordPress theme directory,…meaning you can install it directly…from inside your WordPress site.…
To do this, go to the back end of your site…and select Appearance, and Themes,…then click the Add New button,…and go and search for the name JustWrite, in one word.…JustWrite shows up, and from here you can click Install…to install it directly into your site.…Once the theme is downloaded, unpacked, and installed,…you can now either do a live preview,…to see what this theme would look like in the Customizer…before taking it live, or you can just…activate it right away.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.