Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing and activating Freedom, part of WordPress DIY: Freelance/Independent Website.
- View Offline
- Now that I know what theme I want to use,…I can download, install, activate,…and customize it all from right inside WordPress.…Before I do that though, I want to show you…what I've done to my site so that we can make sure…we're both in the same place.…So far in the course, you've seen me add pages…and you've also seen me add some regular posts,…including this Victorian Sponge Cake recipe.…As I added the posts, I added a featured image to my posts…and that's what you see here.…This large image that appears above the title of the post.…Now, I'm bringing this up because the featured image…will be displayed differently depending on…the theme you're using.…
In some themes, featured images…are displayed as you can see here in the 2015 theme,…above the main title of the content,…out of the context of the content itself.…In other themes, the featured image…is only used on index pages and in some themes,…the featured image will appear…in surprising locations that you wouldn't necessarily expect…so if you add featured images to your posts,…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Establishing the goals for the site
- Making a content inventory
- Adding custom menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Customizing the front page
- Setting up a contact form and social media buttons
- Controlling SEO and social sharing text
- Securing your site and managing spam