Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing and activating Auberge, part of WordPress DIY: Restaurant Website.
- The theme I picked for this course is called Auberge.…It's from webmandesign, and lucky for us,…it's available directly from the Wordpress theme directory.…That means, to install the theme on our site,…all we have to do is go to the back end of the site,…Go to Appearance, and Themes,…click Add New,…and then go searching for Auberge.…Here's the theme.…We can click Details and Preview to get a preview…of this theme with the default preview content…from WordPress.…We can also read about the theme here…on the left-hand side, and if we like it,…we can simply click Install,…and the theme is installed in our WordPress site.…
Once a theme is installed, you can either do a live preview…and test the theme with a customizer and your own content,…and then make all the customizations you need…before taking it live,…or you can simply activate it right away.…Now, because we're going to be working with this theme…over the next several movies,…I'm going to activate the theme.…But if you're working with a live site,…it may be a good idea to do a live preview first,…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Adding a food menu page
- Customizing fonts, colors, and navigation
- Adding a contact form and reservations widget with Jetpack
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form4m 25s
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.