Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix
Installing WordPress on your computer gives you a perfect testing ground for experimentation, theme development, plugin testing, and website development. This course is designed for Windows users who want to install and configure WordPress locally on a PC with Microsoft WebMatrix, a free web development application and web server environment that sets the stage for more serious WordPress development. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen covers the configuration options and usage scenarios to get you started working in WordPress quickly.
- What is WebMatrix?
- Downloading WebMatrix
- Installing WordPress with the Web Platform Installer
- Running WordPress under WebMatrix
- Publishing WordPress from WebMatrix
- Uninstalling WebMatrix
Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen, and welcome to Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix. In this course I'll show you how to install WordPress on your Windows computer so that you can experiment with and develop content for WordPress without relying on an external web host or an Internet connection. I'll start by showing you where to get WebMatrix and how to install it on your computer. We'll look at how to work with WordPress under WebMatrix. And finally, I'll show you how to use WebMatrix as a web development application.
Having WordPress installed on your computer makes a huge difference when you want to experiment with or build content for WordPress. So, let's get cracking with Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: How do I take the local version of my WordPress site and publish it on the web?
- A: The course WordPress Quick Tips: Migration and Database Reset shows you how to migrate a local site to production. The method shown creates a new duplicate of the original website, but it requires detailed database work and effectively results in a hard reset of the target site. Proceed carefully.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals6,728,971 Views
HTML Essential Training3,250,120 Views
Git Essential Training2,578,682 Views
WordPress 3: Building Child Themes948,852 Views
Windows 10 Essential Training725,484 Views
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics2,199,079 Views