- What is MAMP?
- Downloading MAMP and WordPress
- Installing MAMP and WordPress
- Running WordPress under MAMP
- Setting up additional WordPress sites
- Setting up WordPress with MAMP PRO Extras
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendricksen, staff author here at Lynda.com, and I'm delighted to welcome you to Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP. In this installation of the installing and running WordPress series, I'll show you how to set up everyone's favorite web publishing application on your local computer using both MAMP and MAMP Pro. To start off, I'll give you a brief explanation of what MAMP is, how it works, and why you want to use it. Then, we'll install the free version of MAMP and set up and run WordPress using that application.
And finally, we'll dedicate an entire chapter to looking at the for pay MAMP Pro, how it's set up, how it works, and what you get when you upgrade. Installing and running WordPress on your local computer is essential whether you are learning how to use WordPress or you want to develop themes or plug-ins. MAMP and MAMP Pro make this process easy, and I'm here to show you how to do it right. So let's get cracking with Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP.