- Configuring MAMP and WordPress to work together
- The MAMP and WordPress workflow
- Accessing and modifying WordPress files
- Setting up multiple WordPress sites with MAMP
- Using cloud sync with Dropbox
- Configuring and using MAMP PRO
Skill Level Beginner
- [Morten] When you build a new WordPress site using themes and plugins or by writing your own code it's a good idea to build the site on your computer first and then move it to the web only when it's ready for public scrutiny. That way, you're the only one who has access to the site and you can experiment and customize, and tweak your site and its code to perfection before letting other people see what you're working on. And you don't even need an internet connection to do your work because the site is right on your computer. In this course, I'll show you how to do just that: install and run WordPress on your Mac using the popular MAMP and MAMP PRO applications. Installing and running WordPress on your local computer is essential, whether you're learning how to use WordPress or you want to develop themes or plugins or entire sites. MAMP and MAMP PRO make this process easy, and I'm here to show you how to do it right. So let's get cracking.