Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP (2013)
Installing WordPress on your computer gives you a perfect testing ground for experimentation, theme development, plugin testing, and website development. This course is designed for developers and users who want to install and configure WordPress locally on a Mac with MAMP, the open-source server/database/scripting language combo that sets the stage for more serious WordPress development. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen covers the configuration options and usage scenarios to get you started working in WordPress quickly.
- What is MAMP?
- Downloading MAMP and WordPress
- Installing MAMP and WordPress
- Accessing WordPress from your desktop
- Troubleshooting your setup
- Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen, and welcome to Installing and Running WordPress MAMP. In this course, I'll show you how to install WordPress on your Mac so you can experiment with and develop content for WordPress without having to rely on an external web host or an Internet connection. I'll start by showing you where to get MAMP and how to install it on your computer. We'll look at how to configure a MAMP and WordPress to work together. And finally, I'll show you how to uninstall MAMP without losing your content in the process.
Having WordPress installed locally on your computer will make it a lot easier to experiment with and develop content for WordPress. So let's get cracking with Installing and Running WordPress MAMP.
WordPress: Building Responsive Themes386,091 Views
WordPress 3: Building Child Themes964,949 Views
WordPress Ecommerce: Core Concepts163,332 Views
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPress151,039 Views
WordPress Plugins: SEO208,406 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,259,922 Views
HTML Essential Training3,794,051 Views