Installing and Running WordPress: BitNami
Installing WordPress on your computer gives you a perfect testing ground for experimentation, theme development, plugin testing, and website development. This course is designed for developers and users who want to install and configure WordPress locally with BitNami, the multiplatform, open-source server/database/scripting language and WordPress combo that sets the stage for more serious WordPress development. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen covers the configuration options and usage scenarios to get you started working in WordPress quickly, whether you're on a Mac or Windows PC.
Running WordPress in another way? Check out the other courses in this series.
- Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix
- What is BitNami?
- Downloading the correct version of BitNami
- Installing WordPress with BitNami on Windows
- Installing WordPress with BitNami on a Mac
- Setting up WordPress as a Windows library
- Accessing WordPress from your desktop on a Mac or Windows PC
- Troubleshooting your setup
- Uninstalling BitNami
(music playing) Hi! I am Morten Rand-Heindriksen and welcome to Installing and Running WordPress: BitNami. In this course I'll show you how to install WordPress on your Windows computer or on your Mac so you can experiment with, and development contact for, WordPress without having to rely on an external web host or an Internet connection. I'll start by showing you where to get BitNami and how to install it on your computer, we'll look at how to work with WordPress when it's running under BitNami, and finally, I'll show you how to uninstall BitNami without losing your content in the process.
Having WordPress installed locally on your computer, whether it be a Windows computer or a Mac, makes a huge difference when you want to experiment with, or develop content for, WordPress. So, let's get cracking with Installing and Running WordPress: BitNami.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Installing and Running WordPress: BitNami .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: I'm installing BitNami on Windows. Why is BitNami asking for the Apache web server port number?
- A: During installation of BitNami, if you are asked for a web server port number or it seems Apache does not seem to be connecting successfully to the assigned port, make sure there are no other applications running on the same port number and that the port is not blocked.
- Q: How do I take the local version of my WordPress site and publish it on the web?
- A: The course WordPress Quick Tips: Migration and Database Reset shows you how to migrate a local site to production. The method shown creates a new duplicate of the original website, but it requires detailed database work and effectively results in a hard reset of the target site. Proceed carefully.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
HTML Essential Training3,250,120 Views
WordPress 3: Building Child Themes948,852 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals6,728,971 Views
CSS: Core Concepts2,248,440 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,249,919 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2013)3,019,140 Views