Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Install and activate Yoast SEO, part of WordPress Plugins: SEO.
- [Instructor] Yoast SEO is in the top 20 active plugins on wordpress.org and is the most popular SEO plugin in the wordpress space. They pioneered a lot of the features that are now standard in SEO plugins. They're also experts in SEO, they have an amazing blog that covers every aspect of SEO and a ton of related topics like user experience, analytics and content creation. They offer classes, certifications and their newsletter is also really helpful. We'll be using their plugin because it has every feature you need to to get started.
And it's very extensible. If you have specific needs like e-commerce, videos or local SEO they have extensions for all of those. They also have a lot of features built into the main plugin, like sitemaps. This keeps your admin efficient because there are fewer redundant settings. Let's get started with this plugin. We'll go to our Admin, Plugins, Add New type in Yoast SEO and Install and then Activate.
That's basically it, you'll see a new item in the menu and you'll see an icon in the Admin bar. We'll look at those in a future video.
- Considering keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Preventing confusion with tags and categories
- Installing and activating Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin