Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Install Google Analytics, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Narrator] One of the most common…and useful integrations is Google Analytics.…Google Analytics lets you track how many people…are on your site, where they're coming from…and what they're doing.…It's one of the most powerful…and free tools you'll find online.…And even if you aren't a data person…I still recommend setting it up…because it's free and that way when you decide you want…to get into the data or you decide to hire someone…to do it for you, you have months…or years worth of data to go through.…We're going to be using a plugin called MonsterInsights,…which used to be Google Analytics by Yoast.…
It's the go to plugin for analytics…and they have a free version on wordpress.org.…There are some themes that say…they support Google Analytics,…but I don't recommend doing that…because they have been known…to not update that functionality…and you really don't want something like this…getting out of date.…It's a much better idea to use a plugin like MonsterInsights…that you can update independently of your theme…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.