Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Install the AMP plugin, part of WordPress Plugins: SEO.
- [Instructor] To configure your site for AMP,…almost all of the work is taken of by the AMP plugin.…This is created and actively maintained by Automattic,…the people behind wordpress.com.…And since they're using it on wordpress.com…and sharing it with the rest of the wordpress community,…it is top notch plugin.…They make smart decisions so you just have to install it.…Let's go to our Admin,…and then we'll go to Plugins.…Add New.…And type in AMP.…
Let's click on the one by Automattic, Install.…And Activate.…Now this plugin does some behind the scenes work…with our permalinks to create AMP versions…of all of our pages.…So we just need to go to Settings,…Permalinks and click Save for it to work.…Let's go to the front end of our site and take a look…at what an AMP version of the page looks like.…You can append AMP to any URL…to see what the AMP version looks like.…You can see that's it's a cut down,…minimalistic of the same post.…
Unfortunately to cut out that mark up,…the plugin didn't add any styling,…so we have to re-do that styling.…
- Considering keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Preventing confusion with tags and categories
- Installing and activating Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. SEO All in One Pack
3. Yoast SEO
4. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.