Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Including custom post types in the front-page index, part of WordPress: Custom Post Types and Taxonomies.
With out custom post types, custom taxonomies and all the…templates created, we have to start thinking about how the…visitor is going to access all this new content, because…by default WordPress themes do not display custom post types.…We actually have to add the custom post…types into the user experience of our site.…The simplest way to do this is to just add links to our custom post type…indexes and our custom taxonomy indexes right in the main menu or in the side bar.…And this works fine for a lot of cases, but in…other cases you might want to mix your content together, so that…the visitor, who lands on the front page for instance, automatically sees…both your posts, you single pages, and also your custom post types.…
So, in the following movies, I'm going to give you…a couple of different methods for doing exactly that…and we'll start out with mixing the reviews post…type into the index page on the front page.…So when you go to the front page of the site, you see…both our regular posts and our…reviews mixed together in reverse chronological order.…
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
Q: This course was updated on 06/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the Custom Post Type UI plugin; creating custom taxonomies; exporting and importing custom post types, taxonomies, and settings; and making custom post types and custom taxonomies available from the REST API.
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
8. Tying Custom Post Types and Taxonomies to a theme
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.