Learn how to import and configure an existing WordPress site into a Multisite network.
- [Voiceover] Converting an established WordPress site…into a multi-site network is technically possible.…In fact, the manual install process we stepped through…in the previous chapter…is the general process you would go through.…However, the more established a site is,…the more risk there is off problems arising.…Therefore, it's advisable to create…a new clean, clean install of WordPress…that you convert into a multi-site network.…Importing an existing site…into your network is also possible.…However, if your site is well-established,…then I would not suggest importing that site…since your URL will change…and anyone who is linked to any of your existing site…will get broken links.…
Migrating a site from one WordPress install to another…has lots of potential pitfalls.…And most fall outside the scope of this course.…However, for a relatively simple site,…you may be able to export…and then import your site structure and its base contents.…I used Installatron to create a new WordPress site…called Site Migration.…And it's not included in any…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.