Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing WordPress users as members, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- If you've been following along with me,…step-by-step through the course so far,…I have led you into a bit of a conundrum.…You see, when we use the simple WordPress…membership's plugin to restrict access…to certain content to only members,…we are truly restricting that content to only members.…Now, watch what happens.…I'm currently logged in as the administrator in my site,…that's a WordPress user account,…and you'll remember that I set the access level…for this Submit an Event Listing page…to only certain members.…
If I now go and watch that page,…I can't access the page, even though I am an administrator.…That's because the WordPress user management…and the membership management are two different things,…so, if I want to be able to access the same pages…that members can, when I log in,…I first have to make my WordPress user…into a regular member of the site as well.…Like I said, these are two separate systems.…Fortunately, like with most things in WordPress,…there's a plugin that solves our problem.…
It's called Simple Membership WP user Import,…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.