Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Import EDD sample data, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] If you have a list of products,…EDD has a very nice importer that you can use…and it's built in to the free product.…It's just a little bit hard to find.…If you do want to import products,…what I recommend is that you add one product manually to EDD…like we've already done in this course,…and then export that product so you can see…exactly how the CSV is formatted.…Let's start with that.…We'll go to Downloads in the admin.…Downloads, Reports,…and then Export.…
And then we want to scroll down…to Export Download Products in CSV.…Let's click Generate.…And now we can open this with Excel,…Apple Numbers, or Google Sheets.…So as you can see along the top…these are all the fields that EDD needs.…An ID, which will be automatically generated,…a Slug, which can be generated again,…but it will need the name.…The author, a description.…You'll definitely want a price.…Some of these other fields are optional,…like the categories and tags.…
Any downloadable files, although these…can be uploaded later.…An image, again that can be uploaded later,…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.