Join Jeff Starr for an in-depth discussion in this video Implement strong passwords, part of WordPress: Developing Secure Sites .
- [Instructor] This video is all about using…strong passwords to improve the security…of your WordPress powered site.…Choosing strong passwords is one of the most important…things you can do to keep your site safe and secure.…Weak passwords are things like password, 1234,…and other easy to guess phrases.…Conversely, strong passwords contain numbers,…upper lowercase letters, and in WordPress,…they can also contain symbols, like these.…Using a good random mix of upper and lowercase letters,…numbers, and symbols is a great way…to create secure passwords.…
Here are some examples.…Instead of trying to remember strong passwords,…try using a password manager, such as 1Password, Dashlane,…KeePass, or similar.…Doing so can simplify your online routine,…and help you keep your passwords nice and secure.…With WordPress, there are three key things to remember.…The admin password is set when WordPress is installed.…A password must be set for each new user,…and passwords should be strong and changed frequently.…When you install WordPress, you'll see the setup screen,…
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
AngularJS and WordPress: Building a Single-Page Applicationwith Roy Sivan31m 52s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.