Join Jeff Starr for an in-depth discussion in this video Implement a firewall, part of WordPress: Developing Secure Sites .
- [Instructor] The more popular your site gets,…the more of a target it becomes for automated,…malicious attacks.…Scripted attacks occur frequently…and involve automated requests…for potential security vulnerabilities.…In this video, we protect against these…relentless, automated attacks…by implementing a strong firewall.…Here are some examples of the types of bad requests…that are constantly threatening websites.…Attackers are endlessly scanning sites,…using sophisticated, automated scripts,…looking for weaknesses to exploit.…
These relentless attacks put your site at perpetual risk…and waste your server's precious resources,…like bandwidth and memory.…This slows things down for legitimate visitors.…Fortunately, there's a set-it-and-forget-it solution…to stopping a great deal of this malicious nonsense.…It's a plug-in that I developed called Block Bad Queries,…or BBQ, for short.…BBQ is a free, simple way of protecting your site…against a wide range of bad requests.…Let's go to the Add New Plug-in page and take a look.…
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
AngularJS and WordPress: Building a Single-Page Applicationwith Roy Sivan31m 52s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.