Get an overview of how to use Ajax in your WordPress plugins. Thanks to WordPress's built-in Ajax functionality, you can add Ajax to any plugin with just a few functions and a bit of jQuery. Using Ajax in your plugins improves the user experience and conserves server resources.
- [Instructor] In this video, we look at how to implement…Ajax in WordPress plug-ins.…Ajax is one of the more advanced areas of WordPress…development, so if you are unfamiliar check out some…of these video courses.…These tutorials will get you up to speed…on the world of Ajax.…This video presents an overview of how to use…the Ajax functionality provided by WordPress.…Here is an example of WordPress Ajax in action.…
Notice that the category was added, but the page…didn't reload.…Here it is again.…Ajax enables the webpage to interact with the server…without having to reload the entire page.…This saves time and resources.…WordPress provides built-in Ajax functionality…that can make our plug-ins extra awesome.…Here we have the Ajax Admin plug-in demo…from the exercise files.…This demo includes three essential functions.…
- WordPress APIs
- Action and filter hooks
- Activating and deactivating plugins
- Plugin security
- Creating the directory and files
- Adding menus and the settings page
- Inserting custom functionality
- Testing and debugging WordPress plugins
- Creating widgets
- Managing users and roles
- Adding custom post types and taxonomies
- Working with custom fields and database queries
- Using APIs: Transients, HTTP, and REST
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress: Developing Secure Siteswith Jeff Starr2h 34m Intermediate
1. First Steps
2. Plugin Basics
3. Building a WordPress Plugin
4. Essential Plugin Techniques
5. Extending Plugin Functionality
6. Advanced Plugin Techniques
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.