Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying requirements for a small business website, part of WordPress DIY: Small Business Website.
- View Offline
- Based on the goals and needs we mapped out…in the previous movie, we can now identify requirements…for both the content and the presentation…of that content on the site.…This list will help inform our content creation…as well as the selection of a theme and supporting plugins.…The goal here is to create a guideline to use…as we decide how the site should be put together.…For the site I am building, I have created…the following list.…First, the site needs to have a clean…and professional design that also reflects…the nature and attitude of the business.…The example project I'm working on,…leaf and mortar landscape design and architecture,…focuses on modern, sustainable landscape design…and that should be reflected in color choices and design.…
Unlike many other types of websites, there's a good chance…visitors to a small business site will land…on the front page first, either because they made a Google…search for the type of service provided,…or because they saw an ad or a sticker on a car…or heard the name of the business…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Establishing the goals for the site
- Making a content inventory
- Adding a custom menu
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Customizing the front page
- Adding promotions
- Setting up a contact form, calendar, and social media buttons
- Securing your site and managing spam