Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying requirements for a restaurant website, part of WordPress DIY: Restaurant Website.
- Based on the goals and needs we mapped out…in the previous movie,…we can now identify requirements for both the content,…and the presentation of content on the site.…This list will help inform our content creation,…as well as the selection of a theme and supporting plug-ins.…The goal here, is to create a guideline to use…as we decide how the site should be put together.…For the site I'm building, I've created the following list.…First, the site needs to have a clean…and professional design that also reflects…the nature and spirit of the restaurant.…
In other words, we need to find a theme…that allows for a great deal of customization…to make the site unique.…Second, for a restaurant website,…the front page is very important.…Visitors are often hungry,…or looking for a great place to eat,…so in an ideal scenario, the front page should…display an appealing photo, contact information,…the menu, and some information about the restaurant itself.…To take full advantage of the web,…a restaurant site should offer online reservation,…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Adding a food menu page
- Customizing fonts, colors, and navigation
- Adding a contact form and reservations widget with Jetpack
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form4m 25s
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.