Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying a post type in index pages and search results, part of WordPress: Custom Post Types and Taxonomies.
In the previous movie, I created a function that allowed us to mix our…custom post type in with our regular post in the index page on the site.…So, now you see both regular posts and reviews within the index page.…So now that we're displaying both types of content, we…have to make sure we tell the visitor which is which.…So the posts should be displayed as posts like they always are, but we should…also highlight the reviews in a different way…to tell the visitor, hey, these are reviews.…Now there are many different ways you can do that.…
You can create a custom content template and then only call that…content template in, anytime you're looking at a review, and we did…that previously in the course, or you can simply add some messaging…in the reviews to tell them you're now looking at a review.…And that's exactly what we're going to do here.…Looking back at our child theme, you'll…remember we created a file called content.php.…And this is the file that displays all the content on all our index pages.…And within content.php, we added a bit of new code down here, you'll see…
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
Q: This course was updated on 06/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the Custom Post Type UI plugin; creating custom taxonomies; exporting and importing custom post types, taxonomies, and settings; and making custom post types and custom taxonomies available from the REST API.
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
8. Tying Custom Post Types and Taxonomies to a theme
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.