WordPress offers a series of different user roles with an increasing level of capabilities. The administrator role has the capability of assigning roles and capabilities to other users.
- [Instructor] When you set up your WordPress…site, you can choose to allow users…to register on the site, or you can register…user accounts for team members and contributors.…Every registered user of a WordPress site…has a user profile they can configure and edit.…This includes subscribers.…The user profile serves two purposes.…First, it gives each user an identity…in the database, so comments, posts,…and other content they've published can be associated…with that identity, and second,…it allows each user to control what…information a site has about them…and how that information is displayed.…
What capabilities each registered user…has available to them is defined by their user role.…When you created your first user account…during the setup of your WordPress site,…that account automatically had its role…set to Administrator.…As an administrator, you have complete…control over the content in, presentation…of, and functionality available from your WordPress site.…In other words, the administrator…is the boss of it all.…
- Adjusting settings
- Changing discussion and privacy settings
- Using the Customizer to adjust site identity and visuals
- Creating and customizing menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Extending WordPress with plugins
- Adding and managing users
- Managing comments and spam
- WordPress security and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
How WordPress works1m 47s
2. Configuration with the Customizer
3. Extending WordPress with Plugins
5. Security and Maintenance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.