Things are starting to look a little cluttered, and you have a relatively light set of fields for your field groups. You can imagine that things could get out of hand pretty quick. Luckily ACF makes it easy to clean the interface up by allowing you to hide any meta boxes you’re not using. You can even hide the content editor. In this video, explore a word around for the block editor, using the Classic Editor plugin.
- [Instructor] You can imagine that as we add more fields … to field groups, things can start … to look pretty clustered on the Post Edit page … in the WordPress dashboard. … Luckily, the ACF team has given us … the ability to manage what a user sees on those pages. … Let's take a look at how we can clean up … the Add/Edit Pages. … If we go to Custom Fields, Field Groups … and then click on Profile Info, … we can scroll to the Settings area … to see a number of options … to help us clean up the Editor. … For example, the style is currently set to standard, … but if we change it to seamless, … it will blend in a bit more with the Editor screen. … We can also change the position of our field group to high … after the title. … You may have noticed that for our user profiles, … we haven't been using the content editor. … So if we prioritize our field group to be above that, … users will know where to put in the information. … We'll keep our label and instruction placement the same. … Our order number is already set to zero …
- What are custom fields?
- Creating field groups
- Adding content to fields
- Displaying fields on a child theme
- Creating and displaying repeater fields
- Creating a submission form
- Creating a Gutenberg block with PHP only
- Writing rules for field display
- Organizing fields
- Exporting field groups
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started with ACF
2. Creating Field Groups with ACF
Field types overview3m 48s
3. Displaying Your Fields
4. Working with Data in ACF
5. Creating a Gutenberg Block
6. Cleaning Up the Admin
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.