Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Hiding menu items from visitors, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- View Offline
- Let's recap where we are at this point,…I created a set of private pages…that are only going to be displayed for logged-in guests.…Then I created a new type of user role,…and attributed that user role to my wedding guests,…so that they can get access to those pages.…And I know this works.…If I go in as a logged-in user,…to Guest Info, RSVP, Hotels or What to Wear,…I'll be able to access those pages.…But if I'm not logged in, and I click on any of these links,…I'm taken to a 404 page.…The problem is, if I'm not logged in,…and I click on this link, I land on a 404 page,…which is a terrible user experience…for anyone landing on the site.…
What I really want is for a visitor, who's not logged in,…who does not know that there's a private section,…to not be aware that there's a private section.…I want to hide this menu option and all the sub-options,…completely from users who are not logged in.…Once again, this can be solved with a simple plug-in.…I'll go back to the admin panel.…Go to Plug-Ins, and Add New, and here,…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.