Get a quick introduction to Gutenberg: what it is, where it comes from, why it matters. Block context lets you control the properties of individual blocks. Document context lets you control over the document as a whole including publishing, categories and
- In this first part…of the two-part WordPress Essential Training course,…we're taking a deep dive into content creation,…editing, and publication,…and most of this work will be done…in the new block editor introduced in WordPress 5.0,…code-named Gutenberg.…If you've worked with WordPress or another web publishing…or content management system before,…the block editor is a new and different way…of creating, editing, and managing content…within individual posts and pages,…so we'll spend a fair bit of time in this course…looking at how it works and how to work with it.…
The core idea of the block editor is that every piece…of content within the post or page is a block…with its own properties, features, and abilities.…Take a standard article as an example.…From the top, you have the title and some metadata,…including the author name, publishing date,…and possibly the categories this post was filed under.…Then you have a series of different blocks of content,…some paragraphs, an image with a caption, a pull quote,…
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block deep dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.