- [Instructor] I want to draw your attention … to one more layout block, because this one is important. … It was introduced with WordPress 5.3 … and it's called the group block. … The group block allows you to wrap one or more blocks … inside another block, and then treat them … as a whole as a group. … To create a group block, you can either … create a new group block by simply creating a new block … and then typing in group, … or going to the Layouts blocks … and then finding the Group block, … or you highlight one or more blocks … using your mouse or keyboard … and then use the context menu here … and click on Group, and you'll now get a wrapper … around these two blocks that make them, … together, a group. … The group block allows you to do some interesting things. … First and most obvious, it allows you … to treat a group of blocks as a single block … so you can move them up and down … in relation to the other blocks as a single block. … Second, the group block has its own properties, …
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and Running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block Deep Dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.