Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Google Fonts, part of WordPress: Building Progressive Themes with WP Rig.
- [Instructor] Typography and fonts play a major role … in modern web design, and thanks to modern tools, … like Google Fonts, adding custom fonts to our web designs … and our WordPress themes is easier than ever. … Now, I say easier than ever because it's still … a bit of work to get everything to work properly … especially if you want it to be performant. … For this reason, WP Rig has a complete setup … for Google Fonts ready to go and configuring … which Google Fonts you want is really straightforward. … Let me show you how this works. … Out-of-the-box WP Rig uses two Google Fonts … to style its content, Crimson Text which is a serif font … for all the body text … and Roboto Condensed for the headings and other highlights. … If you don't like this look … and you want to change to a different font, … here's how you go about doing that … if you want to use Google Fonts. … Let's say I want to use Source Sans Pro here. … Let's see Source Sans Pro is here. … So I'll add that … and maybe I'll also want to use Source Serif Pro …
- Setting up a WordPress theme development environment
- Installing WP Rig
- Building, activating, and testing a new progressive theme
- Editing CSS
- Using web fonts
- Editing existing templates
- Adding advanced features
- Translating a theme
Skill Level Beginner
WP Rig: A primer2m 5s
1. Configure a Development Environment for WP Rig
2. Install and Configure WP Rig
4. PHP and WordPress Templates
6. Extending WP Rig: A Practical Example
7. Going Further with WP Rig
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.