The general settings in WordPress control how the site behaves.
- [Narrator] The General Settings panel found under…Settings and General is where you define the core settings…for the site starting with the site title.…When the WordPress site was first set up,…a site title was defined but there's always a chance…you have to change it and this is one of the two…places you can do it by going to Settings and General,…you can set the site title to anything you want…and you'll see that site title appear first of all in…Tool Bar up here and second of all in the front end of…the site so anytime people visit your site,…they will always been given the site title,…typically in the header and they'll also see it in…the tab in the browser, you can change either of these…two entries to anything you want so if I want to change…the tag line to The riskiest design agency with…the best results I can scroll down to the bottom…and click Save Changes, go the front end and reload…the page and now you'll see it says Bad Ideas Design…Agency- The riskiest design agency with the best results.…
- Adjusting settings
- Changing discussion and privacy settings
- Using the Customizer to adjust site identity and visuals
- Creating and customizing menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Extending WordPress with plugins
- Adding and managing users
- Managing comments and spam
- WordPress security and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
How WordPress works1m 47s
2. Configuration with the Customizer
3. Extending WordPress with Plugins
5. Security and Maintenance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.