Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video General settings, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Narrator] We covered some of the basic settings…when we installed EDD but there's actually another page…of general settings that's a little tucked away.…If we go to Downloads, Settings, and then Miscellaneous,…we can see some useful options.…The first one on this tab, Redirect Checkout.…This setting let's your redirect the checkout…when you add something to your cart.…This is really useful when you only have one product.…Or if you have more than one product…but people tend to only buy one product at a time.…
Just save them the step and take them…straight to the checkout.…The next setting let's you buy multiples of products.…With digital goods you don't normally need this…but sometimes you can buy multiple of things.…Like if you're buying credit on the site to use at a later…date you'll want people to be able…to buy multiple quantities of that.…And this last setting here let's you…remove all of the EDD data on uninstall.…Nice for nerds like myself who want a really clean database…but not so useful for someone else.…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.