Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video GDPR and data privacy, part of WordPress: Contact Forms.
- [Instructor] The European Union's GDPR went … into effect in 2018, it is a major piece … of data privacy legislation. … Now that GDPR is in effect, … other governing bodies are implementing similar legislation … in their own domains. … California is working on their own legislation … with the same intent. … When we're talking about GDPR, we're talking … about privacy in general. … Up until just a few years ago, … handling people's data was like the Wild West. … There were no rules, and you could really only get … in trouble if you were hacked and even then … it's just public perception. … There weren't many legal consequences. … With GDPR and similar legislation you have … to be more careful with what data you collect, … who you share it with, and how long you hold on to it. … In years past, I would have suggested … that you hold on to each piece of data forever. … But with user data if you only store what you need, … are careful with who share that data with, … and delete unused data that affords you a lot …
- Choosing the right plugin for you
- Best practices with forms
- Mitigating email deliverability problems
- Using Jetpack, Ninja Forms, and Gravity Forms
- Creating and adding a basic form
- Creating extra fields
- Using conditional logic in your form
- Creating a landing page
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Pluginswith Patrick Rauland2h 26m Intermediate
1. An Introduction to Contact Forms
2. Using Jetpack Contact Form
3. Using Ninja Forms
4. Using Gravity Forms
5. Building a Landing Page
Create a landing page4m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.