Join Jeff Starr for an in-depth discussion in this video Further security techniques, part of WordPress: Developing Secure Sites .
- [Narrator] In this video series,…we've covered a lot of ground…and added many layers of security,…but there are many more steps you can take.…In this video, we highlight eight additional techniques.…Monitoring errors, responding to incidents,…not modifying core files, working with a clean computer,…using HTTPS,…using SFTP,…writing secure code,…and exploring plugins.…These eight tips will serve you well…as you go further with securing your WordPress powered site.…
Let's dive in to these topics.…Number one: monitoring errors.…Monitoring errors is an important part…of any good security strategy.…As technology evolves, errors are inevitable.…Keeping a close eye on your site's errors…enables you to resolve issues before they escalate,…cause problems, and make your site vulnerable to attacks.…There are plenty of error monitoring tools available.…There are error logs, third-party scripts,…and WordPress plugins.…Finding the right tool can help you monitor errors…more efficiently and effectively.…
Number two: responding to incidents.…
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
AngularJS and WordPress: Building a Single-Page Applicationwith Roy Sivan31m 52s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.