Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding a theme that meets your needs, part of WordPress DIY: Restaurant Website.
- One of the many reasons why WordPress is so popular…as a web publishing and content management system…is that it separates content from the…presentation of that content.…That means, you can add content to your site…in anyway you like…and then you can change the appearance…of that content by switching out your theme,…or customizing that theme.…The theme is an effect, the mask you put on your content…to make it appear the way you want it to.…And one of the fun things about building a WordPress site is…finding a good theme for your particular content.…
So, how do you find a theme?…Well, just like everything else…it has a lot to do with preparation…and knowing where to look.…So, the first thing you need to do is…make a list of requirements.…So, what do you need from the theme?…That will help you narrow down your scope…and figure out exactly what theme…you should be looking for.…You also need to know where to search…because if you go online…and you do a Google search for WordPress theme,…you'll see there are a million themes out there.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Adding a food menu page
- Customizing fonts, colors, and navigation
- Adding a contact form and reservations widget with Jetpack
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form4m 25s
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.